In the past I’ve never spent much money on makeup mainly because I don’t often wear it so I can’t justify the cost. This means I’ve never owned any ‘high end’ beauty products. When I was given a gift voucher for Debenhams Beauty & Fragrance I thought it would be nice to treat myself. I’d seen the Dior Backstage Eye Palette in Amber Neutrals online and it looked like the perfect autumn eyeshadow palette.
Dior Backstage Amber Neutrals Eye Palette
Dior Backstage Eye Palette is perfect for creating a range of makeup looks from natural everyday to the most defined. It has been fomulated to suit all types of skin tones in buildable matte and iridescent shades. The long-wearing eyeshadows are richly pigmented it neutral colours that can be made bold and intense to reach the desired colour intensity.
The Dior Backstage Eye Palette contains:
- A creamy eye primer that helps improve the eyeshadows’ hold and emphasizes colour.
- Eight powder eyeshadows that can also be used as a liner. Three are shimmer shades and three ultra-pigmented matte shades.
Use a brush or your fingers to apply. I like to use my finger to apply the primer as its easier, and then use brushes for the powder shadows. I tend to
- Apply the primer to the entire eyelid and up to my brow bone.
- Add a base colour to the lid with a light shade on the brow arch.
- Blend a more intense shade into the crease and along the lashline to the outer corner of the eye.
- Then apply the darker shade under the eye.
- Blend well to avoid harsh lines.
If you’re looking for a cheaper eyeshadow palette that also features some great autumn shades then take a look at the Zoeva Caramel Melange palette. It gives your 10 shades for just £17.50. I’ve previously featured it on the blog if you want to take a look.