Now you’re comfortably into the New Year, you might be wondering how you can make this a year to remember. Like most, you may have set New Year’s resolutions to follow but this doesn’t always mean that your life is going to change massively. A sad but true fact is, life is too short and you should always live it to the full. So, with that in mind, here’s some ideas on how you can make 2019 your best year yet!
Change your eating habits
One of the most common New Year’s resolutions around the world is to ‘go on a diet’ or to ‘lose weight’. While these are fantastic resolutions, many people have the wrong approach to doing so. Going on a diet implicates that once you’ve lost the weight you planned on losing, you’ll head straight back to an unhealthy lifestyle. A diet shouldn’t be a temporary change, so here are some tips on how you can permanently change your eating habits, but still have the treats you enjoy:
- Only eat when you’re hungry. An issue that many of us have is eating because society dictates that it’s time for a meal. More often than not, our bodies aren’t actually ready for food and this of course, can lead to overeating.
- If you think that you’re hungry, have a glass of water first. Our bodies often mistake hunger for thirst, so try drinking water before making any food to see if that is in fact, the case for you. You will find that quite often you’re only thirsty!
- Once the feeling of hunger has gone when you’re eating a meal, stop eating. Your body finds it much easier to digest smaller amounts of food in one go.
- Don’t ban yourself from eating your favourite treats as this could lead to you breaking all of your hard work. If you fancy a particular food – eat it! Use the above technique to prevent yourself from overeating.
You should try and listen to what your body wants. You’ll be surprised at how different your eating and drinking habits will be. You will also find that your body no longer craves junk food because you’re taking notice of the nutrients your body actually needs.
Clear off debts
We all suffer with debt at one point or another in our lifetime and trust us, we know how stressful it can be when you feel like you’re drowning in repayments. There are many ways to solve debt, but here are some tips to help relieve yourself of it and start a fresh with your finances:
- Consider taking out a £5000 loan from Evolution money so that you can pay off your debts and leave yourself with one repayment rather than many. We know that loans can be scary, but Evolution money are offering secured loans and tell you all of the costs up front so there’s less chance of you winding up in even more debt.
- Cut back on luxuries like your gym membership and magazine subscriptions to save yourself some money to put towards lowering your debt.
- Speak to the companies/people that you owe and explain your financial situation! You’ll be surprised at how much help you can receive from the companies themselves.
Being in debt is horrible, but with some common sense, careful money handling, and clever ways of paying off your debt, you could be out of debt in 2019!
Consider a new career
It’s easy to fall into a rut with your career and sometimes, it becomes more of a chore to go to work than ever before. When you’re feeling this way, it might be time to consider a new career. Again, we understand that just leaving your job might not be a viable option, especially if you’ve got financial commitments. So, here are some ways to grab yourself a new career without risking any financial difficulties:
- Study online in a field you’re interested in at home in your spare time. There are thousands of online courses that you can now do from the comfort of your own home.
- Look into apprenticeships near you to see if you can jump straight into the career you desire. Keep in mind that apprenticeships are often paid a little less, but can offer you the job of your dreams at the end of it.
- Move up in the field you’re already in! If you don’t like your job title now, who’s to say that you wouldn’t enjoy a higher position? Work hard and show your worth so that you can get the promotion you deserve!
Do something selfless
You’re probably already aware of how bad some people have it in life, so why not do something selfless for them? Perhaps you could volunteer at a shelter to help give out food and blankets to the homeless, or maybe you could do a sponsored event and give the money to a charity you believe in. Whatever you decide to do, we promise that doing something selfless will empower you and help others at the same time!
Take time for yourself
One thing that is super important, yet many people ignore, is self care! If you’ve got a demanding career or even a young family to take care of, it’s understandable that you might forget to look after yourself too. Be sure to take time for yourself, whether that be in the form of an early night, a long bath, or even a night out with the girls, you’ll appreciate the self care in the long run!
Refresh your home decor
Finally, your home is your resting place, your safe haven, and also the place that you will make many memories in – so why not make it even more memorable by refreshing the decor in your home? Paint and wallpaper can begin to look dull over time, so giving the walls a lick of paint or re-wallpapering your home will help you fall in love with it even more!
2019 has only just begun, so what are you waiting for? Make this your best year yet!