Noughty Blondie Locks Shampoo And Conditioner Review

I have been highlighting and/ or bleaching my hair for the past 16 years. As I’ve got older my naturally blonde hair has become darker and darker. While part of me wants to see what I would look like as a brunette, I feel like I’m supposed to be blonde. I have very kindly been sent the Blondie Locks range from Noughty to see what I think of it.

My Hair

Like I said at the start I have always been blonde but I’ve never dyed my own hair as I just don’t think it’s worth the risk. Over the years I have used many shampoos that have promised to lighten your hair the more you use them. My hair is also incredibly thick (you should see when I don’t straighten it) and prone to dryness.

The Brand

Noughty are a vegan friendly brand who use natural ingredients. Their Blondie Locks range is 97% natural and their products contain no parabens, petrochemicals, sulphates or silicones. I wondered what the remaining 3% of the products are made up of so I took to the website to find out.¬†This remaining 3% is made up of “the preservative system, which stops the product from going off after opening, emulsifying agents, which are necessary to stop ingredients from separating, and some lovely fragrances to make your hair smell delicious.” To be honest I had the shampoo and conditioner stood in my office for a couple of days before I used them. You can actually smell the products before you even open the cap. I have to say my office smells amazing now!

Blondie Locks Ingredients

I received the Blondie Locks Shampoo and Conditioner which help to brighten blonde hair.The main ingredients int the products are:

  • Rhubarb – which helps to lighten and create shine.
  • Cassia – Which again helps to promote shine and enhance golden tones.
  • Lemon – I think everyone knows this fruit acid helps brighten blonde hair. Who used to put lemon juice on their hair in summer in the hope it lightened it?
  • Camomile – Another highlighter for blonde hair.

My Thoughts

I’ve been using the products for a couple of weeks now and can getaway with washing my hair once or twice a week.

Normally I shampoo with whatever I have to hand. This is followed by purple shampoo to strip out any warmth. I leave this on while I carry on with the rest of my shower. After washing it off I use my conditioner, rinse this off and then slather on hair oil. My hair is thick, wiry and dry so it drinks moisture.

When it has come to using the Blondie Locks shampoo and conditioner, they are the only two products I’ve used. I wanted to see how they performed on their own without any other products.

I love the scent of both products which lingers on your hair even after it’s dried. The shampoo foams up well without being overly bubbly. I am prone to eczema on my scalp but neither the shampoo or conditioner aggravated it. My hair felt very clean afterwards which is obviously what you want! The conditioner has quite a thick creamy consistency that coats your hair well. I generally take my conditioner quite close to my roots just because my hair is that dry. It didn’t make my hair feel greasy doing this and didn’t weigh it down either. My hair felt nice and soft but at the very ends I think I’d add a touch of oil.

While the shampoo and conditioner don’t have the same effect as my purple shampoo I still feel like they make my hair brighter. They retail at ¬£6.99 each for 250ml which is what I’d normally spend. Would I buy them? Yes, I actually would. I’m pleased with how my hair looks, feels and smells so what more could I really want?

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.