If you are anything like me you will have taken careful consideration over one of this seasons biggest trends-tartan. There were several thoughts that crossed my mind. The first was the fact that as a child I was often dressed in tartan (no I am not Scottish) so in which case if I wore it the first time should I be wearing it now? They do say trends just keep going round, if you keep your clothes long enough everything will be fashionable again! The second thought was, how can I wear tartan without looking stupid? What would I wear various pieces with, and for what occasion?
I decided to put together five different looks all involving varying degrees of tartan.
For the office.
Black tartan cap sleeve shift dress – New Look- £22.99
- Black handbag – Prada – £1,020
- Black ankle strap court shoes – New Look – £19.99
- Watch – Michael Kors – £193
Girls Night Out.
Keeva tartan crop top – Missguided – £14.99
- Malke pony skin A-line skirt – Missguided – £19.99
- Aleysa suede platform buckle boots – Missguided – £39.99
- Gwyn gold ring detail chain bag -Missguided – £24.99
Black plaid tate skirt – Surface to air – £155
- Jersey vest top – H&M – £5.99
- Sandals – H&M – £29.99
- Faux leather trim blazer – Miss Selfridge – £32.00
Longline check shirt – Topshop – £30
- Moto smokey green leigh jeans – Topshop – £38
- Arrested buckle biker boots – Topshop – £95
- Pyramid stud crossbody bag – Topshop – £65
If tartan clothing isn’t for you, what about tartan accessories to add a hint of the trend.
Johnny loves Rosie tartan bow – Asos – £16
- 14″ black satchel with tartan – Cambridge Satchel Company – £159
- Tartan heeled shoes – Mango – £47